If spine surgery is right for you, one of the major decisions you will face is choosing the right place for the procedure. Philadelphia is a big city with many options, so this decision can be overwhelming.
We looked at two of the most well regarded rankings in healthcare: the US News & World Reports and Healthgrades, to compile a list of the best hospitals in Philadelphia for spine surgery.
U.S. News and Healthgrades rank hospitals in the United States based on a variety of factors including clinical outcomes, patient satisfaction, and staffing.
Here are the top centers in Philadelphia, PA according to US News & World Report
- Hospitals of the University of Pennsylvania – Penn Presbyterian
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals – Vickie and Jack Farber Institute for Neuroscience
- Maine Line Health Lankenau Medical Center (Wynnewood)
- Maine Line Health Paoli Medical Center (Paoli)
- Maine Line Health Bryn Mawr (Bryn Mawr)
- Chester County Hospital (West Chester)
- Rothman Orthopedic Specialty Hospital (Bensalem)
According to Healthgrades the closest hospital to receive specialty excellence awards for spine surgery was in Bethlehem.
When choosing a hospital for spine surgery, it’s important to consider factors beyond just the ranking. It’s always a good idea to consult with your doctor and do your own research but this list may be a good place to start.